Urgent: LGBTQ2S+ Apology Date has been set
On November 28, 2017, the Prime Minister will be apologizing for the history of discrimination by the Government of Canada against LGBTQ2S+ persons.
The apology will take place at Parliament Hill. We are unsure of what time it will be right now.
We ask that you please consider sharing this website to encourage members of your community (or yourself) to participate in this historic event. Please share: http://ccgsd-ccdgs.org/apology/
Individuals can If you or members of your community wish to participate by: Attending, Apply for travel grants, Watching online or Donating.
Here is more information on how folks can be involved:
· Attend in person
Sign up here and the CCGSD will put your name forward to attend the event. While this does not guarantee you will be added to the list due to room size limitations, we promise we will do our best to facilitate your attendance.
The deadline to apply is Tuesday, November 21, 2017 at 4pm (EST).
Sign up here to attend in person.
· Apply for a travel bursary
The CCGSD recognizes that traveling to Ottawa to attend this event is expensive. As such, we do have limited travel funds for those who wish to attend. Priority is given to those affected by Government discrimination and those who identify as in-need. The deadline for applicaiton is Tuesday, November 21, 2017 at 4pm (EST)
Apply for a travel grant here
· Donate to support travel grants
Many LGBTQ2S+ persons in your community are affected by the discrimination caused by the federal government cannot afford to attend their own apology in person. While the CCGSD has some funds, your donations will truly make a difference.
Donate to supporting those who wish to attend the apology here
· Watch the apology online
You may also watch the apology online here.
Watch the apology online on November 28, 2017 at http://www.cpac.ca
· Again, we hope you will share this info with your community
We hope you will share encourage those in your community to participate, attend, watch and apply for travel grants too!
Please share the Apology site on your website & Social Media:
Should you have any questions, please let us know
Take action & get involved:
· Check out our store: https://jersvision.myshopify.com/
· (New) The Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) Prevention Program: http://ccgsd-ccdgs.org/prevention/
· Ontario Educators Forums (April 25-27): http://ccgsd-ccdgs.org/oec/
· (New) Register NOW for The Gender and Sexuality Alliance Leadership Forum (May 7-11, 2018):
· Book Free LGBTQ+ Workshops: http://ccgsd-ccdgs.org/book-a-workshop-or-presentation/
· Sports Inclusion Program: http://ccgsd-ccdgs.org/sports/
· Pink Agenda: http://ccgsd-ccdgs.org/agenda/